Friday, August 22, 2008

Joy


Evening Primrose

Joy descends gently upon us like the evening dew, and does not patter down like a hailstorm.
~Jean Paul

And now it's time to acknowledge two blogger friends who bring me great joy. ;-)

First an apology to MaryBeth at Small City Scenes: http://smallcityscenes.blogspot.com, who gave me this award on July 28th. Yes, more than three weeks ago! I thanked her then but said I didn't usually post awards on my blog. Fair enough, I guess. Except it has occurred to me since that receiving should be just as gracious as giving, and now I would like to say on MY blog how much I enjoy visiting hers almost every day to find out what's happening in Stanwood, Washington.

Here's the award she gave me: Thanks, MB!

Yesterday I received a second award, this one from Mary, the Teach, host of Work of the Poet: http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/

Mary has a great blog. She has a wicked sense of humour. Try it...I bet you'll like it!

9 comments:

Leora said...

How sweet! Beautiful primrose. And yes, I would shower accolades on Mary the Teach as well. I'll visit Mary
Beth.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Beautiful! I am enchanted!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What an incredible, magical shot! I keep returning to it to have another look! The shade of green almost seems to radiate its own light. And the touch of water drops is just enchanting!

Shammickite said...

The lighting on this blossom is gorgeous.
And congratulations on your awards. I know that the blog awards aren't really important. and they won't further your career, or bring you fame and fortune, but they're nice to get. It's nice to know that somewhere somebody is appreciating your work!

Rose said...

That is one refreshing photograph!

Small City Scenes said...

The Evening Primrose glistens and glows. How beautiful.
Well, thank you---no apology needed as you already thanked me and I understand. I do appreciate you and your blog. MB

Darla said...

Stunning photo! Congrats on the well earned awards too.

Darla

i beati said...

cute penguin award I want one - maybe someone will make the loop ha Evening quote --pondering sandy the berries exquisite oh how fast the seasons go sandy

maryt/theteach said...

Yea! You certainly deserve the Happy Feet Award, EG! Thanks for the compliment too! :)

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.